Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2015

HAMILTON: ME AND MY INK

Hamilton tattoo ink


Over the past few years Lewis Hamilton has been collecting an array of tattoos that must make him the most inked driver in the history of Formula 1, and now the reigning world champion has opened up on the meaning of his body art.

In an interview with Men’s Health magazine, Hamilton revealed, “I love my ink. They all have a meaning. I’m very strong in my faith, so I wanted to have some religious images. I’ve got Pieta, a Michelangelo sculpture of Mary holding Jesus after he came off the cross, on my shoulder.”

“A sacred heart on my arm. Musical notes, because I love music. The compass on my chest is there because church is my compass. Family is everything for me, so I have ‘family’ written on the top, across my shoulders.
Hamilton tattoo


“‘Faith’, obviously. And I have ‘powerful beyond measure’ written on my chest – it’s a short bit I took out of a quote from the writer Marianne Williamson: On my back I have the cross and angel wings: rise above it, no matter what life throws at you.”

Last year Hamilton told Daily Mail, “My dad doesn’t approve of the tattoos but I don’t need approval. I am comfortable with who I am, I don’t need someone telling me. If someone doesn’t accept me for who I am, that is their problem. You need to be proud of who you are.”

In the Men’s Health interview Hamilton also explained his training regime, “I am an athlete, but people tend not to see that with F1 drivers.”
465925028_55255_immagine_obig


“I train to quite an intense level because Formula 1 is so physical – the G-forces, the demands on your body. Your heart rate is 150, 160 through the whole race.

“On qualifying lap your heart rate can be up to 180, 190 under tough conditions. Every year you’ve got to be as light as you can.

“There’s a certain weight limit, depending on how heavy the car can be. Last year I had to lose six kilos, I went from 73kg to 67kg. It was hardcore; I didn’t have much to lose as it was. So I train a lot,” added the 30 year old double world champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment